Not that you’d know it from today’s weather, but it is summer here in Swissyland and that means we eat a load more salads.
This potato salad is one of the first things my mum taught me to make – because it’s so, so simple – and it’s still one of my favorite go-to salads that happens to be a hit with everyone.
6-8 medium Potatoes ( this really depends on how many you need to feed, I usually count 3 medium-ish potatoes per person )
1-2 stalks (?) Spring onions – just the green part (again, this depends on how many potatoes you’re making but I’ve never used more than 4 stalks in a salad)
olive oil – really good quality olive oil is best
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
2. Peel and chop your potatoes into approx 1 cm cubes and place in boiling water for approx. 15 mins until just cooked – you want them to still be firm and not mushy, but not crunchy either.
3. Wash and slice the green parts of your spring onions and put aside for now.
3. Drain cooked potatoes and leave to cool (or, if you’re in a hurry run cold water over the cooked potatoes to cool them quickly).
4. Once potatoes are cooled, transfer to a large bowl, add a generous amount of olive oil and salt to taste and mix well.
5. Toss in spring onion and mix again – adjust salt to taste and refrigerate until serving.
This can also be made a day in advance as it just gets better in the fridge over night.
Super duper easy, and super duper tasty! try it out next time you’re overloaded with potatoes or need a salad for a BBQ, I guarantee it will be a hit!