OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
I’m still getting over the shock (good shock, not bad shock) of being nominated for this! I can’t even begin to tell you all how honoured I am!
The lovely Emma at Em’s Den nominated me a couple of weeks ago for a Liebster Award which is awarded to new bloggers with interesting blogs. Thanks so much Em, for thinking my blog is interesting. 😀
As part of this award is to nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers, I have been struggling! I’m so new to blogging that haven’t quite figured out how to find new blogs… bear with me! I’ve decided to just go with it and add to my nominations list as I come across blogs I like.
For those of you that I nominate – there is no deadline for this, there is also no ‘actual’ award as such, this is just a nod from your fellow bloggers to say your blog is awesome, keep it up!
The rules for the nominees are as follows –
- Create a post about the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog
- Share 11 facts/interesting things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that you were given by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 interesting questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
11 things to know about me…
- I speak 2.5 languages – English, Russian and a little German (hence the .5).
- I am a dog person that has recently been converted to loving cats.
- My celebrity crush is Jack Johnson – he can sing to me anytime!
afraid petrified of heights.
- I am addicted to chocolate.
- I love to read but can’t borrow books – I like to own everything I have read.
- I am rather un-Australian as I hate beer and seafood.
- I recently learned how to fold a fitted sheet.
- I still find it strange that I can drive to another country from where I live, after growing up in Oz that still amazing to me.
- I was born in the Ukraine.
- I have travelled a fair bit, but have never been back to ‘The Motherland’.
Answers to Em’s questions…
1) If you could describe yourself with only 5 words, what words would you choose?
clumsy, silly, short, a smart arse (that’s close enough to one word) and … um… creative.
2) What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
Walking back to our guest house in Laos, at night, in flip-flops I kicked poo… I’m still not sure what kind of poo it was and to be honest I don’t want to know! YUK!
3) What song would be the theme tune to your life?
The Muppet Show Theme
4) If someone was going to play you in a movie, who would it be?
Emma Stone – I love Emma Stone!
5) What is the one talent you really wish you had?
I wish I could sing – really well, not like now where I sound bloody awful!!
6) What is the most interesting/strangest fact about you?
Probably that I can speak Russian pretty well – I moved to Oz when I was 3 so have no Russian accent and people are surprised when they find out I’m reasonably fluent.
7) How has receiving this nomination made you feel?
Honoured, excited, like a kid on Christmas morning 😀
8) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be and why?
On a beach, somewhere warm… I really, really miss the beach living in Switzerland 😦
9) What things make you laugh?
My husband, my cats, Mamma Mia (the film)
10) Who is the most important person in your life and why?
Probably the hubby, as he’s the only family I have over here.
11) If you were stuck on a desert island and could take only 1 luxury item what would you take?
Sunscreen – I’m a redhead… I don’t think that needs any explanation
My nominees for a Liebster Award (in no particular order)…
1. Sanda at http://sandasblog.wordpress.com/ – because she makes amazing beaded jewelry!
2. Canne at http://shazannecrafts.wordpress.com/ – more beautiful beadword and stunning cards!
3. http://mindfulbeader.wordpress.com/ – even more baeutiful beading – sorry, I don’t know your name!
4. Weezie at http://weeziecrafts.wordpress.com/ – great little craft blog!
5. Shelley at http://shelleymakes.wordpress.com/about/ – stunning crafty blog!
6. http://returntochaos.wordpress.com/ – cos crafts and geekery are awesome!
7. Lara at http://theinkroad.wordpress.com/ – more crafty goodness
8. Karin at http://seabeads.wordpress.com/ – cos she beads… on a boat!!
more to come as soon as a I find them!!
Questions for my nominees…
1. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
3. What’s the most interesting place you have even been?
4. Where in the world would you most like to go?
5. If you found a genie in a bottle and has 3 wishes, what would they be?
6. What’s the strangest thing you have ever done?
7. What’s your favorite movie?
8. If you could spend the day doing anything at all, what would you do?
9. What made you start blogging?
10. Name 3 things you couldn’t live without.
11. What’s your favorite food?